Homelands Project Coordinator
All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services
Relevant Trade Qualifications
Between 3 and 5 Years
Darwin / Katherine
$85,398 to $111,336
Homelands Project Coordinator positions, one based in Katherine and the other in Darwin.
The role is expected to be for 12 months only and the positions will be responsible for coordinating the Project. See below for the project background and attached Position Description for the role.
Background to the Project
- Compile a schedule of homelands selected for potential involvement in the Project;
- Undertake consultation with the residents of those homelands to develop a prioritised list of potential activities;
- Assist homeland residents to submit activity proposals for assessment.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships with homeland communities, homeland service providers.
- Develop a schedule on which homelands will be consulted and when, liaise with departments.
- Consult with homelands, helping residents to complete individual applications as per the program guidelines.
- Prepare high level funding submissions in time frames.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Manager
- Undertake other duties, as directed by the Manager.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in high level project management, coordination, risk assessment, financial and administrative management and planning.
- An understanding and knowledge of issues affecting Aboriginal people within the Northern Territory; including an ability to communicate clearly and effectively with Aboriginal people in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to effectively engage, liaise, and communicate effectively with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work either independently or within a team environment.
- Excellent written communication skills with an ability to prepare submission and reports to a high standard.
- Experience and knowledge of working within a field based operation, including: awareness of Work Health Safety responsibilities and HR obligations.
- Current Northern Territory Driver’s licence or ability to obtain prior to commencement and willingness and an ability to travel to or within remote areas, as required.
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent in business administration, social or environmental science.
Please Send through a one page summary of no more than 350 words on why they would be the best person for the job based on the Selection Criteria and Key Responsibilities plus the latest copy of their resume / CV and at least two current referee’s to [email protected] by Close of Business, Wednesday, 4th April 2018.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.