Senior Advisor Indigenous Affairs (ATSI Identified)
All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services
NGO / Non-profit
Greater than 5 Years
Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney or Canberra
$124,000 - $186,000 pa (based on experience)
All Aspects Recruitment have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Indigenous Affairs practitioner to join our clients Legal & Corporate Affairs business unit. Reporting to the General Manager you will develop and implement programs and activities associated with our client’s Indigenous strategy and Reconciliation Action Plan, with a particular emphasis on improving customer experience.
- Coordinate, integrate and advocate for the telecommunications needs of Indigenous customers, businesses and communities.
- Drive business engagement and commitment to create programs, policies, and initiatives to improve customer service.
- Develop collaborative processes to improve engagement and responsiveness to Indigenous communities, customers and businesses.
- Drive employee engagement to ensure understanding and support of Indigenous customer and business opportunities and developments.
- Ensure the client undertakes relevant research to identify and understand the unique product and service needs of Indigenous customers and communities.
- Manage and develop strategic relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to support the Reconciliation Action Plan commitments, and represent our client as required.
- Provide effective project management, including planning, program resourcing, budget management, contract development, third-party vendor activities, and stakeholder communications.
- Evaluate, measure and report on the value and effectiveness of Indigenous programs and activities.
- HSE Responsibility: Take reasonable care for your own safety and the safety of others, comply with and implement any reasonable HSE instruction, policy, standard, minimum requirement or procedure, and support to meet duties under the relevant safety and environmental legislation.
- A relevant Degree with several years’ proven practical experience in a related work environment.
- Practical experience with remote and urban Indigenous Australians and strong understanding of the social and cultural factors that apply in these environments.
- Understanding of logistical, cultural and social factors that affect the provision and take-up of telecommunication services in remote Indigenous communities.
- Strong self-starter with the ability to initiate, drive and develop new business opportunities.
- A proven ability to negotiate and to manage both commercial objectives and community expectations.
- Proven capacity to build high quality relationships, and to develop and implement effective stakeholder engagement approaches in multi-stakeholder environments.
- Strong capacity to negotiate and influence at a strategic level across organisational functions and levels.
- Strong customer service skills and understanding of customer-centric product and service design.
- Proven skills in research, strategic analysis and synthesis of complex information.
- Proven communications skills, with the ability to write across a range of formats and audiences, and confident public speaking.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and deliver to strict deadlines.
To apply please email your cover letter detailing your capabilities and experience against the key requirements and accountability including a current resume to [email protected]
Applications Close 25th April 2018.
Due to the requirement for a strong understanding of Indigenous Affairs in Australia, All Aspects Recruitment considers that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under sub-s 26(3) or s 28 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic), s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW), s 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld)