Chief Executive Officer
Between 3 and 5 Years
2 years min
Chief Executive Officer
The Balgo Hills is a small Aboriginal Community situated in South-East Kimberley in WA. With a population of around 400 people and a hard working Board of Directors they are looking for the right person to join them in 2018.
The CEO will manage the day to day opeations of the Corporation, contributing to the Strategic Leadership and Management of the Community. Organising and supervising maintenance and security of all assets.
Encourage and identify employment opportunities and secure funding for new community projects.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- manage the day to day operations of Wirrimanu Aboriginal Corporation (WAC) in consultation with and/or at the direction of the OATSI/Governance.
- contribute to the strategic leadership and management of the community
- ensure core funded programs are operated efficiently and that all assigned money is spent is line wtih funding agreements and for the benefit of the community
- manage community projects as required
- organise and supervise the maintenance and security of WAC assets, including buuildings and facilities, motor vehicles, machinery, plant and equipment
- in consultation with the community identify area for improvements within the Balgo community and develop, implement and evaluate those improvements
- in consultation with the community identify ways in which community can develop continued income and assist in the implementation of such projects
- provide regulat updates to the Board of Directors regarding the performance of funded activities, community issues and any other issues relevant to WAC business
- identify opportunities and secure funding for new communit projects
- encourage and identify employment opportunites for the communitiy of Balgo
- regularly liaise with funding bodies and stakeholders, togher with the non-government bodies and agencies wtihin the Balgo community
- implemnt, monitor and update procedures as outlined in the Policy and Operational Procedures manuals
- ensure records ae accurately maintained for all aspects of operations and statutory requirements are kept current
- perform other functions as required by the Board of Directors that are benefits to the company
Skills and experience
You will have previous experience and relevant knowledge to the major functions of a CEO. Have a sound practical knowledge of Aboriginal culture, able to work side by side with Aboriginal people to increase community development
Superior reporting skills, working with community finances in a effective and transparent manner. Working constructiveloy and effively wiht the Board of Directors, all government departments and all community members.
Guide and motivate a strong staff team
To apply for this great opportunity you must contact All Aspects Recruitment - Janine McDonald, you will then be sent a Job Description and Selection Criteria.
Please note Police Checks and Ochre Card are required to take up this position
You must have full working rights to apply for this role
Janine McDonald 0426206213 or 08 89817431
Job benefits and perks
An attractive salary package is on offer including base salary depending on experience $105,000 - $125,000 plus super, vehicle and accommodation. Salary sacrifice and annual leave provisions are also on offer for the successful applicant.
Job closes - 20th Jan 2018
Short list to Board - 27th Jan 2018
Final candidates interview on Balgo Community - 12th Feb 2018
New CEO commences work Mid-March 2018