Government / Municipal
- Federal Government Department – Barton, ACT
- Part time – 25-30 hours per week
- Good working conditions with flexibility
- Commencing 29th Jan to 30th June 2018 with possibility of extension X 2
This Federal Government Department requires a part-time Project Assistant to operate within the Security Infrastructure Section of the Operational Security Branch to provide project, financial and administration support.
Provide project, financial and administrative support to Security Infrastructure Section (SIS), duties would include (but are not limited to):
- Project Support; provide logistical and administrative support to Project Managers including travel support
- Administrative Support; arrange and facilitate meetings, record and distribute meeting minutes, file records appropriately using EDRMS
- Budget Management; reviewing and tracking SIS budget against planned budget and forecasts and reporting on variances
- Procurement Support; provide advice and assistance with procurement activities ensuring compliance with the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (Cth) (PGPA Act) and the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs) and departmental policies
- Demonstrated administrative and office organisational skills
- Ability to set priorities and accomplish tasks within tight timeframes
- Sound level of judgement and attention to detail in a compliance environment
- High level of computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, SAP and EDRMS experience would be beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a small team
- Good communication skills: (including written and report writing skills), interpersonal and negotiation skills
- High level of discretion in handling sensitive information and client relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and highly motivated;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
- Ability to work effectively individually or within a team environment;
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and with minimal supervision;
Adherence to APS Values and Code of Conduct as defined in the Public Service Act 1999, the Department Code of Conduct for Overseas Service, and the Departments Security Instructions & Environmental Policy and the applicable procedures set out in the Department's Environmental Management System.
Engagement in the department is dependent on holding/gaining a valid security clearance, which needs to be confirmed by the Departments Security Section.
This is a security designated position and you will be required to have or be able to obtain a security clearance to Current Negative Vetting 2.
PERSONNEL - MUST BE AN AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN (as per APS Act)