All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services
Government / Municipal
Between 3 and 5 Years
1x APS6 and 1x EL1
We are seeking suitable applications from candidates with experience working within policy at the APS6 & EL1 Level. Policy Officer will contribute to the work of the Policy Office in particular, establishing and deliver policy planning, performance reporting, and capability and evidence systems to support and enable policy work across the Department. This includes provision of, and analysis of, social security data through the development and reporting of, whole of Department outcome based policy performance indicators.
The key duties include assisting the director and the senior executive to:
- Deliver performance-reporting initiatives as required for the 2018-19
- Co-ordination and development of workshops and Policy Performance Working Group
- Revision of supporting materials and intranet guidance materials
- Liaison with program owners and Data Stewards to support long term policy reporting
- Reporting on progress to governance committees
- Assisting with other work of the section as required.
To be considered for this role applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with data bases and using Excel
- Experience/qualifications in social policy/economics or related discipline.
- A capacity for conceptual ‘big picture’ thinking
- A knowledge of international organisations/ reporting processes/ contributors to poverty in Australia would be an advantage.
- Experience with high level public sector writing and attention to detail
- Technical knowledge of performance reporting would be highly valued, particularly experience in developing Annual Performance Statements
- Managing reporting processes
To apply please email a copy of your current resume and cover letter detailing your capabilities and experiences related to the requirements of this role to [email protected]
Applications Close 12pm Monday 5th March 2018.