All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services
Government / Municipal
Between 3 and 5 Years
Contract Until 07/04/2019
We are recruiting to fill x5 Finance Officer positions based in Albury. Applicants must have experience with day to day accounting / bookkeeping practices. You will be working under general direction and accountable for undertaking a range of procedural, operational and administrative tasks and activities, largely governed by established procedures, policies, work practices or precedent. This may include some basic research and analysis activities.
Position Requirements include but not limited to:
- Provide advice to internal and external stakeholders on financial management processes in line with agency and financial policy and practices;
- Take personal responsibility for the accurate completion of own work within timeframes and quality requirements, seek help from others when needed, and escalate complex issues as soon as possible;
- Maintain data in relation to financial, operational, administrative, reporting and assurance activities;
- Keep self and others informed by participating in staff development and training activities of the area and take steps to ensure own developmental needs are met;
- Work collaboratively as a team member by building relationships within the team, sharing knowledge of own area of expertise, and contributing to new and improved processes;
- Build and sustain relationships with a range of stakeholders to contribute to the delivery of business outcomes;
- Adhere to legislative, policy and regulatory frameworks relating to financial management to solve issues that may be complex, yet broadly similar;
- Understand and comply with legislation, APS and agency policy in relation to a broad range of financial activities;
- Provide advice and make administrative and operational decisions using established policies and procedures as a guide;
- Exercise independent judgement and take responsibility for financial delegation activities by utilising and understanding system and procedural knowledge;
- Identify opportunities for, and contribute to, process improvement in relation to the provision of financial services.
To apply please email a cover letter detailing your skills and experience based on the position requirements, and a current resume to [email protected]
Applicants must be an Australian citizen & eligable obtain Australian Federal Government security clearance on successful commencement. No relocation assistance will be provided or negotiated for applicants not currently residing in Albury.