Leading Hand Pump Fitter
All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services
Relevant Trade Qualifications
Between 3 and 5 Years
Leading Hand Pump Fitter
- Good hourly rate
- Monday to Friday
- 8 Hours per day
- Leading company
The Leading Hand Pump Fitter is required to strip, prepare, convert, test and inspect internal and associated pumps and products consistent with standards and established procedures to meet customer’s requirements. Also responsible to co-ordinate and supervises incoming service, repair and hire work internal and associated companies’ pumps and products to established standards procedures to meet customers’ requirements.
This position is also responsible for maintaining records, consistent with procedures, for the filing of reports and for data entry. Preparation of service strip reports and warranty claims and the maintenance of a safe and tidy work shop environment, consistent with EHS and QA requirements are also responsibilities of this position.
This position is also required to supervise and train any temporary labour in internal procedures and practices and to lend support to staff when required. Other duties include receiving and signing in repair and service work orders for pumps, processing service and repair quotations, allocating jobs for repair or service, emergency service work and other duties as required by the branch.
Other duties may include the scheduling of jobs and the conversion of pumps. Arranging for the machining of parts or motor rewinds with various suppliers, and the cleaning, painting and stamping of products to meet customer needs may also be required, along with other duties as deemed necessary by the branch for which the incumbent has the competencies.
- Clean, strip and repair customer pumps and products, and provide reports of parts required for repair.
- Working in conjunction with the Service Coordinator, schedule jobs to be performed.
- Process conversions and assemble new pumps, consistent with orders and technical work manuals as required.
- Provide timely and accurate advice and support to staff and customers on service, workshop and product related issues both orally and in writing where required.
- Maintain the workshop in an environmentally safe and organized manner and ensure all equipment and tools are maintained and used to standards required.
- Provide in-house training to temporary employees and customers in work related or product related practices.
- May purchase non-stock items for the factory floor such as tools, clothing and equipment.
- Order spare parts for work.
- Maintain employee attendance records in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
- Participate in Branch meetings and provide input in workshop activities.
- Actively participate in audits for QA and EHS systems and practices.
- Other duties as required / determined to assist the functionality of the branch.
APPLY NOW for this great opportunity!