Senior Policy Officer
All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services
Government / Municipal
Between 3 and 5 Years
$50 - $56 per hour
30 June 2021
All Aspects Recruitment are seeking applicants to fill a temporary Senior Policy Officer position until 30th June 2021 based in Canberra.
The duties of the roles include:
- Liaison with a range of internal and external stakeholders on imported cargo requirements including preparation of high-quality written correspondence.
- Development of policy relating to commodities entering Australia.
- Analysis of data and preparation of reports.
- Contributing to the development of operational policies to manage biosecurity risks associated with goods arriving via sea.
- Preparing supporting documentation to implement policies, such as instructional material, industry/staff notices and communication materials.
- Maintaining a well-developed understanding of relevant policy and regulatory frameworks.
- Providing administrative support to the team, as required.
- Supervise staff, including managing workloads and deliverables.
Knowledge and experience
- Knowledge or understanding of the import cargo supply chain is desirable.
- Experience in developing policy and undertaking reforms is desirable.
- Familiarity with the biosecurity regulatory environment is desirable.
Skills and capabilities
The successful candidates will have:
- Sound judgment and a demonstrated ability to think strategically, including researching and analysing information to make informed decisions and provide reasoned advice to managers and stakeholders.
- A demonstrated ability to set priorities, monitor own performance, be flexible, and produce high quality work within agreed timeframes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to tailor communications to different audiences.
- A high degree of self-drive and initiative, with a demonstrated ability to take responsibility for own actions and work under limited supervision as well as within a team.
- Be able to respond positively to changing environments and work priorities.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to supervise staff and develop productive working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
To apply please email a current copy of your resume including a cover letter detailing your skills and experience against the position requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close Tuesday 22nd September 2020.