Indigenous Postvention Advocate
Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygie
Alice Springs, Cairns, Kununurra
All Aspects Recruitment & HR are seeking applicants for the temporary position of Indigenous Postvention Advocate within a strong community development framework and provide critical postvention services to individuals, families and communities impacted by suicide and trauma ensuring delivery of culturally responsive services to clients.
Our ideal applicants will have a strong understanding of community development, working within a community development framework to enhance stakeholder relationships and develop and maintaining connections with other relevant service providers and referral partners.
Relevant Qualifications and Work Experience
- Relevant qualifications, which may include Certificate IV, Diploma, Graduate Diploma or Bachelor of Community Development; Indigenous Studies or other relevant field including psychology; social work; youth work or other related human service
- Demonstrated experience in working in inter agency partnerships to strengthen the health, social and emotional well being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Demonstrated understanding of the underlying principles of good practice associated with working in trauma informed ways with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, providing culturally safe care, and building community resilience and well being.
- Experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities.
- A sound understanding of the contributing factors associated with suicide in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and the elements of culturally responsive interventions to support communities minimise harm, build resilience and strengthen social and emotional well being.
- A good understanding of the health and community service system to support people at risk of suicide and build resilience among individuals, families and communities
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Good community development skills and community engagement skills.
- Ability to build strong partnerships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, service providers and government departments.
- Capacity to work independently and exercise sound judgement, whilst being a good team player
- Motor Vehicle Driver’s License
- Satisfactory National Police Record Check
- Satisfactory Working with Children Check
- Alice Springs
To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com