Clinician Youth Services
Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygie
Between 3 and 5 Years
Are you passionate about supporting young people who have suffered the impact of substance use and are able to provide trauma sensitive care and comprehensive assessments? If you are someone who can provide responsive high-quality engagement, are aware of moral and cultural issues, and have traits such as optimism, please read on...
All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services are recruiting on behalf of our client for an experienced Clinician Youth Services - Permanent Full-Time. Delivering a responsive and integrated life skills programs to compliment day programs, where by activities, education sessions and outings will encourage further learning. This is a pivotal role implementing a young person’s goals and treatment plans, whilst working with Youth Service Family Workers, family and Community Service Partners.
About the organisation:
The organisation is a family and community orientated Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community-controlled organisation whose mission is to provide evidence-based assistance to improve social and emotional wellbeing, while raising awareness and advocating for individual, family and community need.
- Permanent full-time
- $85k + super
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging
- Darwin Based
- Not for Profit Organisation
The requirements of this role are to:
- Display strength based, trauma informed and client centred attitude by providing friendly, caring and welcoming approach to clients
- Develop, facilitate and evaluate culturally sensitive activities
- Actively participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of individual care planning meetings as required
- Model self-care skills by assisting young people to plan and prepare meals and manage personal hygiene and within their environment
- Provide a continuous and close level of supervision and attend to client’s incidental needs and individual crisis support as required
- Monitor the health and safety requirements of clients both on company grounds and when on outings
- Ensure that all medications taken by the clients we support are supervised according to the Management of Medication policy and procedures
- Oversee and record the exit and entry of all visitors and staff outside normal business hours and maintain a record of all incidents, unusual activities or client absences
To be considered for this role we need you to have:
- Certificate IV or higher in community services, mental health, alcohol and other drugs, youth residential services or similar field.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current NT Driver’s License (minimum C Class)
- Current Criminal History Check
- Current Ochre Card (Category E)
- High Level of Organisation Skills
- Knowledge and experience in behaviour support and person-centred practices
- Experience of Quality Assurance and Compliance
What we would like you to have:
- Relevant experience in the mental health/alcohol and other drugs/community services field in supervising a group of young people
- Experience in planning activities aimed at engaging young people
- Experience in residential services and willingness to work shift work on a seven (7) day roster
- Access to current research on best practice in working with youth in particular trauma informed care
- Computer skills including Microsoft, data collection/input and record management skills.
If you feel that your skillset matches the above requirements, please submit your resume and cover letter addressing the criteria urgently to: email@example.com.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note in the subject heading: Clinician Youth Services – Youth Services.