Work Health & Safety Coordinator - Katherine
Relevant Trade Qualifications
All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services are urgently recruiting a WHS Coordinator to work in Katherine.
- Permanent, Full Time
- Located in Katherine, NT
- Relocation Allowance Considered
About the role
The pupose of the role of the Work Health & Safety (WHS) Coordinator is to lead WHS practices and you will be required to Coordinate the client's approach to the development and implementation of Health & Safety Management systems.
Key Responsibilities will include - but not limited to:
- WHS Leadership
- WHS Management, Systems and Reporting
- WHS Education and Training
- Injury Management & Workers Compensation
- Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Organisational Sustainability
- Work Health & Safety
What we need you to have to be considered for this role:
- Tertiary Qualifications in WHS, or a demonstrated, minimum of 3 years experience, in a relevant discipline in the area of WHS including Return to Work
- SWS ICAM Lead Investigator nationally accredited training
- Demonstrated people engagement and organisational skills to coordinate multi-skilled stakeholders and staff
- Extensive experience in the understanding and the ability to provide high-level quality advice to managers and staff relating to contemporary WHS legislation, regulations, guidelines, police & procedure.
- Demonstrated experience to train, mentor or coach staff at all levels in all aspects of WHS.
- A strong understanding and genuine appreciation of Indigenous culture
- Strong writing and communication skills, with the ability to produce high-quality correspondence, reports and meet strict deadlines.
What we would like you to have to be considered for this role:
- Nationally accredited Senior First Aid Certificate
- Cert IV Workplace Training & Assessment
- Previous experience in a similar position within Local Government
- Nationally accredited training in Workplace Drug & Alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards (AS/NSs) 4308:2008 (urine), AS 3547:1997 (alcohol), and AS 4760:2006
- Current criminal history check (issued within past 3 months) (or be willing to obtain)
- Current Territory 'C' Class Drivers Licence with Manual driving capacity
- Current Working with Children Clearance (OCHRE Card) or be willing to obtain
- Provide evidence of your Covid-19 Vaccinations.
If you would like to be considered for this role, then please submit your current resume and cover letter highlighting your skillset and qualifications. Please mark the subject heading " WHS Coordinator", and send your resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion, please contact Dawn on 08 89817431