Senior Credit Officer
The Senior Credit Officer will:
- Receive, and make decisions on simple and complex applications for commercial finance.
- Provide credit assessment advice and expertise to the broader Team.
- Ensure an efficient and effective security and settlement service to support clients.
- Make decisions on loan applications.
- Work Collaboratory.
- Provide information, advice and support to staff, clients and other interested parties in relation to loan policy, guidelines, loan securities, settlement policy and procedures
- Maintain a broad and sound knowledge of industry/market trends
- Accurately capture, manage and report information
- Exercise delegations in accordance with policy & procedure
These are essential unless otherwise indicated.
- Displays Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural capability
- Sound understanding of credit risks, mitigants and cash flow drivers
- Significant personal drive and integrity
- Significant ability to negotiate confidently and communicate with influence, clarity and with ability to understand and adapt to audience.
- Significant level of customer focus displaying a commitment to quality customer service and to the customer being at the centre of everything.
- Significant business acumen and extensive knowledge & understanding of business concepts/operations/management, small business development, financial analysis and commercial credit assessment.
- Understanding of loan and security documentation.
- Significantly results focused and effective as a team member under limited supervision and direction, and work under instruction when required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products - primarily Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Qualifications in accounting, business finance, commerce or related disciplines are desirable
- Willingness and ability to undertake regional and remote travel, including overnight absences as required.