Youth Services Team Leader
All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services
NGO / Non-profit
Relevant Trade Qualifications
Between 3 and 5 Years
All Aspects Recruitment is seeking a Youth Services Team Leader, The position is to be based in community in either Ramingining or Elcho Island.
What's on offer:
- Remote locality, Live in a remote area of the NT with great fishing spots on your doorstep.
- Salary is $70k
- Super of 11.5% on top
- 7 weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging available
- Free fully furnished accommodation
- Power allowance of $2500 per year
- Relocation assistance including flights and 5 cubic metres of personal belongings
- 2 year contract with 6 month’s probation period
As part of the recruitment process we will do a recruitment trip with shortlisted applicants to ensure they are aware of where they will be working, living and provide them with an opportunity to meet the community.
- Understanding of the challenges of working in remote Australia.
- Understanding of the highly complex issues facing young people and families in Indigenous communities (sexual abuse, neglect, family violence, substance abuse, trauma and depression).
- Knowledge and experience in running youth specific programs/service.
- Experience working with, or demonstrated understanding of the needs of young people at risk.
- Experience in providing leadership/mentoring to adolescents
- Ability to constructively manage conflict
- Ability to work independent and successfully facilitate effective teamwork
- Previous experience living and working in remote communities.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships within remote communities
- Can identify and effectively case manage Indigenous youth at risk of self-harm; sexual assault; domestic violence; neglect; bullying; drug and other volatile substance misuse; or participation in other criminal behaviours
It is essential, to have a Current driver’s license and NT Ochre Card or ability to obtain one.
To apply please email a cover letter addressing your skills and experience against the Selection Criteria and current resume to [email protected]