All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services
$90,000 + super + benefits
The Executive Officer is the key employee of the organisation and responsible for overall management and leadership in implementing Board policy in a manner consistent with the mission and goals.
The position whilst accountable to the Board, reports to the Chair of the Board.
Key Working Relationships:
The Executive Officer will establish, foster and maintain productive working relationships with key stakeholders including:
- The Board and its contractors (Accountant, Investment group, website design, ACNC, ATO, etc.)
- Grant and scholar applicants
- Schools of the Air/Distance Education, Public & Private schools and Universities
- Partners & Sponsors
- Organisations with similar objectives, values and missions.
- Strategic support:
- Meeting Secretariat – all duties associated with conduct of quarterly Board meetings
- Record keeping:
- Financial management:
- Management of the organisation
- Grant management:
Promotion and Marketing:
- Promotion: Publications: Manage printed publications including storage, reprinting and sales.
Conditions of service:
- Contracted position based on approx. 37.5 hours per week.
- 10 days Sick Leave and 4 weeks Annual Leave.
- Flexible hours – this will include evening, night time or weekend hours to capture our clientele and attend Board meetings.
- Mobile phone, mobile internet and laptop computer provided – reasonable private use
- Yearly performance review conducted by the Board.
Skills & Experience
- An appropriate qualification in business administration, computer skills, marketing or public relations would be beneficial
- Governance and procedures for Boards
- Promotion and marketing to a remote dispersed target group.
- Demonstrated understanding of outback Australia
- Established networks in outback Australia
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent IT skills including computing, networking, website development (study, design, development, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems)
- Willingness and ability to learn software applications
- Social Media
- Knowledge of not-for-profit and philanthropic organisations
- Strategic Planning
- Financial management
- National Police Check
- Working with Children clearance