Fixed Network Operator
Relevant Trade Qualifications
Between 3 and 5 Years
The company is a global leader, innovator and one of Australia’s leading and preferred defence partners. Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workforce diversity and the safety of our people.
· The Fixed Network Operator reports to the Shift Operations Team Lead for all tasking applicable to their assigned shift.
· The Fixed Network Operator is required to operate HF Communications equipment using Communications, Information and Security Systems within the Defence High Frequency Communications System (DHFCS) in accordance with Standard Operating
· Procedures (SOPS), Work Instructions and ADF Doctrine as directed by the Australian Defence Force
· Officer-In- Charge (OIC). This role will involve the successful applicant to work a permanent rotating shift work pattern in a Network Management Facility in Canberra.
To be successful you have suitable experience as a Defence Communication operator, or similar field to Defence communications operations. Knowledge of High Frequency Communication systems, as well as a high level of writing and oral communication skills and experience working in a fast paced and security sensitive customer service environment. Suitable communications and technology qualifications are also desirable.
Bachelor's degree and typically 3 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- · Crew Resource Management - Basic knowledge of crew resource management procedures and techniques (e.g., communications, decision-making, situational awareness).
- · Data Configuration Mgmt - General knowledge of configuration management principles and processes to maintain the integrity of data (e.g., revision level, naming conventions, product identification numbering systems) and numerically controlled media.
- · Electronic/Electrical Domain - General knowledge of electronic/electrical systems or subsystems and components including the requirements, operating principles, design variables, performance, and key interfaces.
- · Failure Modes Effects & Critic - General knowledge of Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), including system, sub-system, functional (electrical/mechanical), component and device level.
Security Clearance: You will be required to successfully undergo the vetting process for a Government security clearance (NV2). Therefore, you MUST be willing to disclose all relevant and required information and MUST have the ability to verify your background for whole of life i.e. birth to present time.
Send your cover letter and updated cv to firstname.lastname@example.org in subject: Fixed Network Operator