Aboriginal Quitline Coordinator
Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygie
The Health Solutions unit is committed to delivering the best possible health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Programs delivered by Health teams provide accessible health information and care to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities across Australia.
The Aboriginal Quitline Coordinator will provide leadership and direction to support culturally appropriate service delivery to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people interacting with the Health Solutions. The role will be critical in promoting services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and liaising with Aboriginal health workers and appropriate community services to establish referral pathways to Health services. The role will support the efforts to improve outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities by participating in Reconciliation Action Plan activities
Culturally appropriate service delivery
Support people development as a consultant to people leaders and mentor to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees through involvement in coaching, appraisal and development conversations. Participate in the call audit or complaint process as required to assess calls with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for cultural appropriate management in accordance with legal and contractual, customer service, clinical and operational efficiency standards.
Act as a role model by displaying a positive focus and attitude in support of the values and actively supports and champions change and continuous improvement. Work closely with the Operations & Clinical teams to develop protocols and work instructions for the culturally appropriate management of interactions with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander callers.
Increase awareness and usage of the organisations’ programs
Foster relationships within Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to promote awareness of Quitline services by travelling to identified communities and stakeholder engagement with Governments delivering health services.
Lead Business Development
Lead Aboriginal Advisory Groups with participation from key influencers in Aboriginal health to inform service design and the delivery of service improvement initiatives. Represent Quitline at Aboriginal Health community events, organising and hosting promotional stalls as required..
Participate in the Reconciliation Action Plan committee with contributing towards the Aboriginal Employment Stategy.
- Degree in a clinical or business discipline is desired
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander focused service provision
- Confidence in the ability to achieve a high standard of customer service in a call centre environment
- Community engagement experience with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Excellent stakeholder relationship skills (with external and internal stakeholders)
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal, including strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Displays a positive attitude towards application of feedback
- Computer literate with an understanding of Microsoft Office products
- Proven multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
- Comfortable communicating through virtual mediums such as audio/video conferencing, instant messaging, chat rooms and collaborative software
- Experience in coaching and mentoring
- Ability to provide cultural awareness training
- Experience in telephonic health programs
- Prioritisation of multiple tasks and ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Customer Service
- Decision Making / Judgement
- Planning & Organising
- Relationship Building
- Results Orientation
- People Management
- Commercial acumen
Frequent travel within NSW and ACT required.