Local Area Coordinators
Government / Municipal
Less Than 3 Years
Alice Springs NT
6 months + possible extension
Local Area Coordinators – Alice Springs
- Great Opportunity
- 6 month term + possible extensions
- Multiple roles available
- Federal Government Identified roles (Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders)
- Positive attitude
- Knowledge of people with Disabilities
- Competent with IT
- Able to work in team environments and independently including undertaking regular travel
- Relevant qualifications in human services, allied health, disabilities is desirable
- Demonstrated understanding of issues affecting Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people
As a Local Area Coordinator you will work closely with participants and their families to identify what current and future supports are required to make progress with a person’s goals and aspirations and enable a good life.
You will also handle complex and sensitive conversations and consider many factors that need to be balanced in order to understand how disability impacts on daily living. A Local Area Coordinator understands the support needs and identifies when the individual would benefit from early intervention.
As a Local Area Coordinator you will work with participants and their families to build capacity to exercise choice and control and support them to achieve their goals by building new community networks and accessing support and services in their community.
As a Local Area Coordinator you will be responsible for the following:
- Building relationships with participants through:
- Working with the participant and/or their representative identify practical options for supports drawing on informal, mainstream and community supports, and reasonable and necessary supports that are to be funded by the Department
- Understanding support needs and risk assessments, interpreting sometimes complex information about functional and personal factors and context and how they impacts on daily life
- Where relevant, liaising with health and other support providers to gather and verify relevant information to facilitate plan development
- Development of outcome based plans for participants reflecting participant choice and control within reasonable and necessary framework
- Liaising with the participant, support services and providers ensuring the plan is implemented to ensure the anticipated outcomes for the participant are fully realised
- Undertaking reviews of plans with participants
- Deliver and approve plans to meet targets
- Building participant capacity to maintain effective networks with individuals, families/carers and their communities to improve natural and community supports
- Maintain effective networks with individuals, families/carers and their communities to improve natural and community supports.
- Working with mainstream local organisations, the broader community and support providers by:
- Providing information to members of the community and in particular people with disability, about the Department, mainstream services and community supports to improve participation and inclusion;
- Building capacity to maintain effective networks with individuals, families/carers and their communities to improve natural and community supports;
- Gathering and verifying relevant information to facilitate plan development;
- Liaising with providers to ensure successful implementation of the plan;
- Promoting the collaborative role of the Department in improving participation and building inclusion.
Entry Level checks will be required for all successful candidates and dependent on the role the appropriate working with children and/or vulnerable people checks may need to be undertaken as per State Legislation.
People with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
APPLY NOW! Submit your cv and 1 page cover letter asap