Regional Manager Community Services
Greater than 5 Years
$49.68 per hour
Regional Manager Community Services - Katherine
Come to where the Outback meets the tropics and discover a region full of gorges and misty waterfalls, thermal springs, and ancient cultures.
All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services is currently recruiting for a Regional Manager Community Services located in Katherine on a fixed term contract for 6 months with a possibility of an extension or going permanent for the right candidate.
Katherine is a town in the Northern Territory of Australia. It is situated on the Katherine River, after which it is named, 320 kilometres southeast of Darwin. It is the fourth largest settlement in the Territory and is known as the place where "The outback meets the tropics"
- 6 Month Assignment with the possibility of extension or Permanent
- $49.68 per hour plus 10% super and salary sacrifice options
- Partial accommodation subsidy will be available
About the Opportunity:
As an integral member of Council’s Community Services and Engagement team, the Regional Manager Community Services, contributes to ensuring that service delivery and operational activities are closely aligned with strategic direction and consistent with Council’s mission and values.
You will be required to provide leadership and operational management for all community services programs including:
- Aged Care
- Disability Services
Overseeing the day-to-day operations of Community Service programs within a designated region. Leading staff, volunteers, and service partners in supporting and delivering a suite of services to their community-based clients - that provide exceptional customer experience and meet their outcomes and service expectations.
This role is ideally suited to those with previous background knowledge, and/or a qualification in Nursing or an allied health profession.
1. Service Delivery, Planning and Monitoring
- Working closely with the Human Resources teams, Corporate Services and Sustainability Division to manage, monitor and support the employment processes to ensure new staff have an exceptional employment and on boarding experience.
- Monitor and work to agreed service delivery and/or budget and/or staffing targets.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Oversee community services programs to maximise funding opportunities through accurate and comprehensive documentation.
- Monitor and ensure systems are maintained and that records, reports, submissions, and correspondence as required is prepared.
- Conduct and participate in professional support and supervision meetings/performance reviews and performance management.
- Participate and contribute to the planning processes, policy and procedure formulation as pertains to area of responsibility.
- Ensure the organisation is up to date with industry changes and program requirements.
- Monitor and work to agreed service delivery and/or budget and/or staffing targets, KPI's
- Oversee community services programs to maximise funding opportunities through accurate and comprehensive
- Ensure contractual KPI's and obligations are achieved
- Monitor and ensure quality systems are maintained and that records, reports, submissions, and correspondence as required
- is prepared in accordance with Council’s policies and procedures and relevant government standards, funding agreements
- and other contracts
- Conduct and participate in professional support and supervision meetings/performance reviews and performance management
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace and demonstrate leadership through active participation in WHS through:
- Ensuring staff have the required resources, skill, ability, and competence to safely carry out the duties of their roles
- Consultatively identify and implement strategies to improve WHS Managing hazards ensuring control measures are
- implemented in accordance with the hierarchy of control (outlined in Council’s Risk Management Manual)
- Investigating incident reports, reviewing data, undertaking incident investigations, and implementing improvement action
- Establish individual development and training plans for each staff member.
4. Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- Participate and contribute to the planning processes, policy and procedure formulation as pertains to area of responsibility
- Participate in ensuring exemplary quality processes are nurtured and maintained, and ideas and innovations are encouraged
- and explored
- Complete reports and contribute to ensuring a cycle of continuous improvement is embedded in the way services are
- Ensure the organisation is up to date with Industry changes and program requirements.
5. Work Health and Safety (WHS)
- All Council staff have a duty of care and a legal obligation to ensure that they:
- Undertake work in a manner that is not harmful to their health and safety or the health and safety of others
- Proactively identify and address potential risk to ensure the safety, so far as is reasonably practicable, of service users, staff,
- volunteers, stakeholders, and the organisation in accordance with legislated responsibilities and Council’s Quality and Risk
- Management System
- safety and personal protective equipment requirements
What we need you to have to be successful in this role:
- Tertiary qualifications coupled with extensive knowledge and a high level of skill relevant to the role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a relevant management role and/or employment services.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and implement policies and legislative requirements into operations to achieve KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to write complex non-standard correspondence, reports, submissions, and proposals that require original content.
- Well-developed word processing and computer application skills.
- Demonstrated experience in leading community based multi-disciplinary service teams.
- Demonstrated achievements in leading, managing, and mentoring staff.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and implement policies and legislative requirements into operations to achieve KPI’s.
- Current Ochre Card, NT manual drivers’ licence or ability to obtain.
- Undertake a new Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
To apply or for the full job description please email your Resume & Cover Letter – highlighting your skillset to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Regional Manager Community Services'.