Youth Engagement Worker
Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygie
Between 3 and 5 Years
All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services are recruiting on behalf of our client for 2 x Youth Engagement Workers Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Program - Permanent Part-Time. The youth engagement worker is an integral member of the Youth AOD Team, and aims to provide responsive high quality and keyworker activities across the intensive assessment and substance treatment programs. Cultivation of interest, awareness of moral cultural issues, and traits such as optimism, are among the central factors that support this work.
About the organisation:
The organisation is a family and community orientated Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community-controlled organisation whose mission is to provide evidence-based assistance to improve social and emotional wellbeing, while raising awareness and advocating for individual, family and community need.
- X 2 Youth Engagement Workers
- Permanent part-time – 25.5hrs per fortnight
- 3 Shifts – Weekends – 1 x Days = Saturday, Saturday, Sunday
– 1 x Nights = Friday, Saturday, Friday
- Grade 3 – Level 2 – (min) $27.76 p/hr + 15% shift loading (Monday – Friday only)
- Grade 3 – level 3 – (min) $29.05 p/hr + 15% shift loading (Monday – Friday only)
- Darwin Based
- Not for Profit Organisation
The requirements of this role are to:
- Display a strength based, client centred, culturally appropriate and welcoming approach to clients
- Develop, facilitate and evaluate culturally sensitive activities
- Actively participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of individual care planning meetings as required
- Model self-care skills by assisting young people to plan and prepare meals and manage personal hygiene.
- Ensure all medications taken by the clients w support are supervised according to the Management of Medication policy and procedures
- Provide a continuous and close level of supervision and attend to client/s incidental needs and individual crisis support as required
- Oversee and record the exit and entry of all visitors and staff outside normal business hours and maintain a record of all incidents, unusual activities or client absences
To be considered for this role we need you to have:
- Certificate IV or higher in community services, mental health, alcohol and other drugs, youth residential services or similar field
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current NT Driver’s License (minimum C Class)
- Current Criminal History Check
- Current Ochre Card (Category E)
- Relevant experience in the mental health/alcohol and other drugs/community services field in supervising a group of young people
- Experience in residential services and willingness to work 3 shifts on a weekend day/night roster
- Access to current research on best practice in working with youth in particular trauma informed care
- Computer skills including MSoft, data collection/input and record management skills
If you feel that your skillset matches the above requirements, please submit your resume and cover letter addressing the criteria urgently to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note in the subject heading: Youth Engagement Worker Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD).