Manager Strategic Development - Sydney
Government / Municipal
Greater than 5 Years
All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services are currently seeking a Manager Strategic Development for a permanent role based in Sydney NSW.
The objective of this role is to develop First Nations arts and culture through the design and delivery of strategic projects and cultural and creative industry partnerships to achieve Australia Council’s strategic and corporate objectives.
- Permanent identified position
- Salary package of $114,890 per annum + 10% super
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work arrangements (office location: Pyrmont, Sydney)
- Relocation support may be provided
Responsibilities Include –
- Manage the delivery of key First Nations arts and culture projects and initiatives in line with the strategic and corporate plans by effective strategy, planning, evaluation, reporting and leadership of the First Nations Arts and Culture team.
- Manage, monitor, and report on all budget and expenditure related to the First Nations Arts and Culture programs and associated projects.
- Collaborate cross-Council in implementing successful outcomes for First Nations Arts and Culture strategic projects aligned to the corporate and strategic plan.
- Develop a structured, planned, collaborative and comprehensive approach to Council’s First Nations projects through brokering, facilitating, and optimising internal and external opportunities with diverse stakeholders.
- In collaboration with Council colleagues, manage designated relationships with key stakeholders to leverage opportunities for First Nations arts and cultures nationally and internationally.
- Identify and report on desired relationships and networks that align with Council’s strategic direction.
- Develop and implement a First Nations arts and cultural impact instrument for the cultural and creative industries.
- Engage and support the First Nations Arts and Culture team and the First Nations Arts and Culture Strategy panel.
Essential Criteria –
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or 6+ years of professional experience demonstrating progressive seniority.
- Proven ability and understanding of First Nations protocols to establish and maintain credibility with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience and comprehensive knowledge of First Nations arts and culture.
- Knowledge and professional experience across multiple arts practice areas and established networks in the cultural and creative industries.
- Previous experience leading a small team to achieve organisational strategic objectives, providing direction, coaching and leadership.
- Sound business acumen, strategic planning and stakeholder management skills through demonstrated knowledge and experience in delivering projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally, including remote locations, to meet with key external stakeholders.
This role is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples only.
Aboriginality/Torres Strait Islander identity is a genuine occupational qualification for this role in accordance with Sections 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
To apply or for more information please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Manager Strategic Development”