Principal Project Officer
All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services
Government / Municipal
Between 3 and 5 Years
Hourly Rate - AO7
30th June 2020
Principal Project Officer, Tourism Division
All Aspects Recruitment & HR are seeking applications for an experienced Principal Project Officer who will be operating from within the Policy, Partnerships and Events branch of the Tourism Division you will:
- Provide timely, high level briefings, submissions, reports, correspondence and presentations on a range of tourism policy and program issues to Senior Management, the Minister, other government agencies and key stakeholders.
- Design, plan and deliver industry engagement events and initiatives, including DestinationQ events.
- Support and influence the design, development, promotion and delivery of projects, programs and initiatives that drive tourism business development, growth and resilience.
- Procure, negotiate and manage contracts and contractors in the delivery of assigned tourism and event projects and programs.
- Contribute to implementation of the Whole-of-Government tourism strategy in partnership with the tourism industry and other government agencies.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective industry engagement and communication tools, such as websites and social media.
- Participate in and lead (as appropriate) multi-disciplinary project teams to deliver timely response to tourism industry related programs and initiatives.
- Liaise, negotiate and develop effective networks with senior internal and external stakeholders (including government agencies, industry and business associations).
- Represent the department at interdepartmental and interagency meetings and forums as required.
For this role, we will consider how well you:
- Analyse, interpret and solve difficult problems, utilising team and management input to provide accurate and timely solutions that may need to be communicated across a range of customers and stakeholders.
- Establish effective relationships with stakeholders and customers, being responsive to their expectations and requirements.
- Demonstrate capacity to undertake strategic policy development in a dynamic environment.
- Make good decisions that can be publicly upheld, based on analysis of available information, and the application of sound judgement to forecast decision outcomes and manage risk.
- Use or deploy expert verbal and written communication skills in a variety of settings and styles, sensitive to the context and the impact of the message.
- Negotiate skilfully in tough situations, winning concessions without damaging relationships.
To apply please email a current copy of your resume including a cover letter detailing your skills and experience against the criteria above in word format to email@example.com
Applications close Friday 27th March 2020. Late applications will not be considered.