Care Support Planner / Coordinator
NGO / Non-profit
Relevant Trade Qualifications
All Aspects Recruitment are recruiting to fill the position of Care Support Planner/ Coordinator role who will be responsible for coordinating Aged Care and NDIS services in the Alice Springs Region. Ensuring services are delivered in line with the organisations responsibility to the current and future operational guidelines, and legislative requirements.
The person in this role will be responsible for implementing best practice and approaches across all areas and undertake duties in a way that contributes to a positive impact on the organisational culture.
The role is responsible for mentoring, coaching and developing service delivery staff, ensuring services are delivered within a consumer directed care framework with a focus on outcomes for the client.
- Works as part of the Service Delivery Team to provide Carer/Care recipients with access to relevant services
- Undertake planning, coordination, implementation and administration duties associated with service delivery ensuring clients’ needs are met
- Support the delivery of services in line with the Aged Care and Disability standards
- Ensure service delivery is in line with wellness and re-enablement principles
- Be responsible for ensuring referrals for Aged Care services and NDIS are completed in timely manner
- Be responsible for maintaining relationships with Services Providers in your region
- Work to provide carers and the people they care for in the Darwin Region with access to services and information
- Maintain confidentiality on all issues related to clients and teams
- Work health and safety – ensure own safety and the health and safety of others
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace and work practices through supervision and ensuring all staff have the necessary information to perform work safely
- Recognize the importance of dignity and the rights of clients to have choice and control
- Participate in team meetings and attending training as required
- Coordinate all required rostering to ensure all clients need are met
- Undertake responsibility for delivery of Aged Care and NDIS services.
- Oversee Coordination of house booking, shopping, activity planning and collating of documentation pre- and post-respite.
- Be aware and implement when required procedures, guidelines of statutory requirements relevant to Funding Agreements and Organisational needs.
- Support the Team Leader with recruitment and retention of support workers
- Provide expert advice to employees classified at lower levels and or / volunteers
Position Selection Criteria:
- Qualifications in Aged Care, Disability or Community Care Services Work or equivalent (Minimum Certificate IV)
- Attention to detail of service delivery in a Consumer Directed model
- Understanding of wellness and enablement principles and application to delivery of care services
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and priorities workload
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Aged Care and NDIS service provision within the Northern Territory
- Capacity to work autonomously and as a member of a Team
- Effective computer skills (Word processing, database, Internet, email)
- Current Driver’s License, Ochre Card, National Police Clearance and First Aid
- Empathy and understanding of people who are aged, disabled or have a medical condition and respect for their environment, their Carers, family and significant others
- Experience in working with persons from diverse backgrounds
- Dementia Care Experience
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Application Deadline: 22/01/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year