Government / Municipal
APS 5 Project Officers x 2
-City Office location
Apply now for this fantastic opportunity to work within the Federal Government Department. Bring your skills and knowledge and join a dynamic team where you can provide support in a legislative area.
Description of the role
As Project Officer you will be part of the Township Leasing and Engagement team responsible for managing new and existing leasing arrangements between the Executive Director, Traditional Land Owners and sublessees. You will provide professional, quality, and timely responses to support the work of the Executive Director and assistance and support in managing new and existing leasing arrangements.
The position of Project Officer Township Leasing and Engagement is responsible for:
Policy and Procedure
- Assist supervisors with management of team workloads and monitor projects progress, including the preparation and quality assurance of briefings, minutes, and advice relating to OTL business.
- Support other staff in the Team in the planning, administration and conduct of the Team's work.
- Comply with regulations, best practice principles and the office’s operating instructions and procedures.
- Ensure knowledge of and compliance with legislative, financial, and administrative frameworks, government decision-making processes and office guidelines and regulations.
- Manage specific tasks as per work plan.
- Developing and maintaining strong and effective relationships across Australian and Territory levels of government, with Traditional Landowners, local cultural authorities, and other key stakeholders such as Land Councils and Regional Councils, and within the local community, to facilitate Township Leasing operations.
- Work respectfully and effectively with strong community engagement and negotiation skills, in a remote Aboriginal community context.
- Represent the Executive Director and OTL at various internal and external forums and meetings.
- Provide timely and factual responses made to enquiries through the 1800 telephone number or the township leasing email address.
- Provide advice to supervisor or Director relating to any issues identified though communication with stakeholders or other third parties.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and influence between landowners, agencies, and providers that may benefit the community.
- Assist senior staff to provide a high standard of service to Traditional Landowners and Sublessees in respect of dealings with land tenure in the respective communities.
- Provide support and assistance to colleagues when requested or directed.
- Assist in updating and maintaining a stakeholder contact list.
Organising and facilitating Consultative Forum meetings
- Coordinate and take responsibility for the organisation, administration, and facilitation of Consultative Forum Meetings (CFM), including pre-CFM community visits, and field trips.
- Conduct community field visits and represent office independently in meetings with stakeholders as requested by supervisor.
- Travel frequently to remote communities, and interstate as required, including overnight stays.
- Provide CFM secretariat services including recording minutes.
- Organise CFM travel arrangements, venues, catering and members fees.
- Preparation of Briefings for presentation to Consultative Forum Meetings
- Assist senior staff to communicate with participants and stakeholders regarding each CFM scheduled.
Subleases and other documentation
- Undertake accountability for quality assurance for the OTL’s land administration functions, policies and procedures, and assessment of applications for land use, including subleases and other documentation
- Identify issues and risks and recommend solutions regarding land use and related matters with a commitment to achieving quality outcomes.
- Acknowledge receipt of sublease applications and other correspondence to the Township Leasing inbox.
- Assist with the administration of all land tenure arrangements in the township which includes; assessing sublease applications, preparing sublease recommendation minutes, registering subleases with the Land Titles Office, notifying property manager and land councils of sublease changes.
- Prepare legal instructions for the preparation of subleases, variations and surrenders.
- Maintain up to date information on the OTL data base by inputting all relevant information against individual land dealings and accounts.
- Support remote home ownership applications, information provision and requested support as appropriate.
APPLY NOW FOR THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY IN A GOVERNMENT ENVIRONMENT
- Must be an Australian resident
- CurrentPolice Clearance
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.