Counsellor - Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD)
Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygie
Relevant Trade Qualifications
$70,000 - $75,000 Depending on experience
All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services are recruiting on behalf of our client for an experienced Counsellor Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) - Permanent Full-Time. The role is to provide therapeutic support to a continuum of clients (aged 13 years and older) including but not limited to self-referred clients, family members and significant others, people referred by the criminal justice system and individuals experiencing a diverse range of health, social and economic issues seeking information and treatment. The program is aimed at empowerment or participants to cope with drug and alcohol problems.
About the organisation:
The organisation is a family and community orientated Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community-controlled organisation whose mission is to provide evidence-based assistance to improve social and emotional wellbeing, while raising awareness and advocating for individual, family and community need.
- Permanent full-time
- $70-75k + super
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging
- Darwin Based
- Not for Profit Organisation
The requirements of this role are to:
- Display a strength based, client centred, culturally appropriate and welcoming approach to clients
- In the course of other duties, establish networks and relationships with rural and urban-based communities and organisations that benefit the people accessing the service
- Actively participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of individual care planning meetings as required
- Participate in all planned training programs and see to improve performance by participating in supervision and gaining new skills and knowledge
- Ensure all documentation and records are maintained in accordance with established policy and legislative requirements to ensure continuity of client care and provide report as required by management
- Willingness to maintain a drug-free lifestyle, a drug test will be conducted upon employment and also can be requested by Management at anytime
To be considered for this role we need you to have:
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum of Diploma in Counselling) or higher qualifications in a related field such as Social Work or Psychology
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current NT Driver’s License (minimum C Class)
- Current Criminal History Check
- Current Ochre Card (Category E)
- Demonstrated understanding of therapeutic techniques used when working with individuals with substances use issues and, knowledge of the issues impacting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- A sound knowledge of current local and national strategies related to the AOD field
- Demonstrated understanding of Work health and Safety issues/requirements
What we would like you to have:
- Demonstrated experience working in the Community Services Alcohol and Other Drugs sector
- Extensive experience working with people with substance use issues including provision of brief intervention, counselling services, and advocacy
- Experience in effectively delivering clinical or support services to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
If you feel that your skillset matches the above requirements, please submit your resume and cover letter addressing the criteria urgently to: email@example.com.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note in the subject heading: Counsellor Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD).