NGO / Non-profit
Operations/Project Manager – Galiwin’ku (Elcho Island)
Are you looking for a sea change to work with a registered charity where you can contribute and make a difference in a leading role? Enjoy the culture, the fishing and working in the largest Indigenous communities in the North East Arnhem Land.
- Working with the Yolngu People of Northeast Arnhem Land, NT
- The Hope for Health (HFH) Program is based in Galiwin’ku (Elcho Island) access by light aircraft only
- Work closely with the Co-Founding to assist you navigate and liaise with community members
- This is a 12-month contract opportunity where you will report directly to the Board of Directors
We are seeking an individual committed to enabling genuine change for Indigenous people through genuine partnership, and empowerment of individuals and family. The position is expected to take management responsibility for all operational matters of the HFH program, working with the Case Manager who sets nutritional, clinical, and participant health coaching policy, being responsible for participant care.
The Operations/Project Manager will report directly to the Why Warriors’ Board of Directors. The position is responsible for reporting to and maintaining accountability with the Hope for Health Steering Committee.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in Business Management, knowledge of the Health Sector and Project Management to prepare and coordinate traditional health retreats where attendees will enjoy activities with language education and health mentors to educate on a healthy life style.
- At least two years business development, staff management and financial management experience, preferably at executive level.
- Program and project management experience including managing budgets over $300,000.
- Experience in community development and not-for-profit operations.
- Excellent and demonstrated communication and leadership abilities.
- Ability to engage at a high level with a range of stakeholders and funders.
- Good networking and PR skills.
- Solid IT skills including Excel and the full Office suite of programs.
- Experience delivering large events, camps, or retreats.
- Marketing experience.
- Health sector experience and qualifications.
- Awareness of (and preferably experience with) low carb, healthy fat nutrition strategies.
- Practical hands-on experience working closely with Indigenous people, especially in Arnhem Land.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with complexity.
- Demonstrated experience and success in fundraising.
- Experience with and ability to work in a two-way (cross-cultural) team.
- Experience of living in remote locations.
Very attract salary package including salary sacrifice with 6 weeks annual leave. Relocation is negotiable.
For a full job description, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 89817431 for a confidential discussion including salary package and other benefits on offer.
APPLY NOW! Closing date 21st November