Behavior Support Practitioner
Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygie
Relevant Trade Qualifications
70,000 - 85,000
All Aspects Recruitment & HR Services are urgently seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Behaviour Support Practitioner to deliver a broad range of occupational therapy services.
Working for an allied health provider who provides therapy services for children, adolescents, and adults, such as individual counselling occupational therapy and speech therapy.
About the role
The Behaviour Support Practitioner role is responsible for assessing clients and developing positive support behaviour plans and implementing them. The role requires working with individuals with disabilities and mental health difficulties.
Ideally the right candidate will be able to write reports, think quickly on their feet, be able to handle challenging behaviour and have a mental health background. A pre requisite training is required before commencement.
- $70,000 - $85,000
Duties include but not limited to:
- Complete behavioural assessments including functional behaviour assessments and develop evidence-based therapy strategies and behaviour support plans.
- Observe and evaluate the effectiveness of programs and review against individual plans and set goals.
- Contribute to the development of training programs and resources to staff, families, carers and the wider community.
- Engage in monthly supervision with a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst and registered supervisor (employee to source and fund). This is a requirement for NDIS registration and is the responsibility of the employee.
- Maintain confidentiality and duty of care at all times.
- Engage in Professional Development Event relevant to your role and NDIS registration requirements.
- Relevant degree or working towards a relevant degree (e.g. psychology, occupational therapy).
- Experience working with disabilities or mental health concerns and or experience in behavioural intervention.
- Completed ABA Therapy Training.
- Completion of a Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) course.
- Current Criminal History Check and OCHRE card.
- Current Driver’s License and own vehicle.
- Be familiar with Restrictive Practices and NDIS policies.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate.
- Up to date vaccinations.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Behaviour Support Practitioner'. You can also contact Dawn for a confidential discussion on 08 89817431